Price: $150 + $25 Range Fee (Range Fee Applies to Non-Members of Wren's Ranch Range Only)
Street Safe Defense has now put our class training information on-line.
Students will now be required to download and read this material BEFORE coming to class.
Time: 11:00 am - 4:00pm
Range location: Wren's Ranch in Perris
Get Directions Here
This is an introductory course, designed for people who are novices with firearms, never fired a handgun, have not fired a handgun for some time; those already familiar with their handguns and firearms safety, who anticipate becoming an armed citizen and taking the CA-State CCW Course; as well as those who want additional training in the safety and proper handling of firearms at home and in public personal self-defense shooting skills.
The course will focus on the following topics: firearms safety; shooter responsibility and self-defense laws; handgun familiarity; handgun manipulation; basic marksmanship; threat assessment and firing a holstered handgun from the 3 yds, 5 yds and 10 yds ranges.
Course Instructors – All are current or retired, fully-certified, law enforcement, NRA instructors and court experts in firearms, self-defense and deadly force.
Participants MUST be 18 years old with good or corrected eyesight out to 20 yards and able to clearly hear commands out to 20 yards away. Must be able to stand, walk, move and shoot safely and unassisted; or handle, fire and reload their weapon(s) from a wheelchair. The use of “walkers” or canes are not allowed on the range for safety purposes.
If you are not a member at Wren's Ranch, please make sure you also purchase the $25 range fee.
What to Bring to Class
The following is the list of items you should bring with you to the Defensive Handgun Level I Course:
- Semi-automatic pistol: 380 Cal, 9mm, 40 Cal., 45 Cal; or double-action revolver in 38 spcl, 357 mag, 41 mag
- Semi-autos – 3 magazines; magazine holder that fit at least one magazine.
- Revolvers – 2 speed loaders
- 200 rounds of ammo; 36 rounds of ammo to qualify each handgun.
- Good quality outside the waistband holster for each firearm. See HERE for Info on Approved Holsters.
- Good quality leather or nylon belt
- Magazine holders (optional)
- Baseball style cap with brim
- Eye (protective or sunglass, wrap around style) and hearing protection
- Pants with strong belt loops; shirt (no tank tops)
- Athletic shoes/boots (no open toed shoes)
- Plenty of water and sunscreen
- Notebook and pen
- Folding chair
NOTE: If you have not chosen a holster for your handgun, please refer to the FAQ and links for holster recommendations.
All semi-automatic handguns MUST have the mechanical ability to allow for the receiver slide to be locked to the rear in a ‘safe’ condition. No gun that does not have a receiver slide mechanism that locks the slide to the rear in a safe condition will be allowed in class.