We currently do not have any scheduled dates for this class, Please check back soon!
Price: $200 + $20 Range Fee (Range Fee Applies to Non-Members of Wren's Ranch Range Only)
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Class location: Perris Chamber of Commerce (8:00 am - 11:30 am)
Get Directions Here
Range location: Wren's Ranch in Perris (1:00 pm - 5:00 pm)
Get Directions Here
This is an 8-hour introductory course, designed especially for women.
This class is specifically created for WOMEN who have always wanted to learn the basics about handguns, self defense, and basic shooting. Handgun safety will be emphasized! This is an introductory-level class for the very novice and new gun owner. Tell your wives, moms, sisters, daughters and friends! We will learn in a safe, supportive environment and cover many topics, including: Elements of Gun Safety, Identifying Different Types of Firearms and How to Handle Them Safely, Discussions on Topics such as Mindset/Attitude, Applicable Laws Regarding Children and Firearms Safety, and Use of Deadly Force - Lots of Hands-On Time! Grip, Stance, Dry-Firing, Live-Fire Drills Learn How to Load/Unload Firearms, How to Clean Your Firearms.
Course Instructors – All are current or retired, fully-certified, law enforcement, NRA instructors and court experts in firearms, self-defense and deadly force.
Participants MUST be 21 years or older to apply for a CCW permit.
If you are not a member at Wren's Ranch, please make sure you also purchase the $20 range fee.
The course fee includes certification of qualification with up to 2 handguns. Any additional handguns will be $35 each to certify the qualification.
If you wish to qualify with more than 2 handguns, make sure you also purchase the appropriate number of additional qualifying tokens.
What to Bring to Class
The following is the list of items you should bring with you to the Women's Basic Handgun course:
- Semi-automatic pistol: 380 Cal, 9mm, 40 Cal., 45 Cal; or double-action revolver in 38 spcl, 357 mag, 41 mag
- 50 rounds of factory ammunition (no home reloads)
- At least 3 magazines for each semi-auto pistol - one speed loader for revolvers
- Good quality outside the waistband holster for each firearm
- Good quality leather or nylon belt
- Magazine holders (optional)
- Baseball style cap with brim
- Eye (protective or sunglass, wrap around style) and hearing protection
- Pants with strong belt loops; shirt (no tank tops)
- Athletic shoes/boots (no open toed shoes)
- Plenty of water and sunscreen
- Notebook and pen
- Folding chair
NOTE: If you have not yet chosen a holster for your handgun, do not until you hve spoken with the Street Safe Defense staff.
As of 12-12-16, all semi-automatic handguns MUST have the mechanical ability to allow for the receiver slide to be locked to the rear in a ‘safe’ condition. No gun that does not have a receiver slide mechanism that locks the slide to the rear in a safe condition will be allowed in class.