Price: $200 + $20 Range Fee (Range Fee Applies to Non-Members of Wren's Ranch Range Only)
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Range Location: Wren's Ranch in Perris
Get Directions Here
This 8-hour course builds upon the basic fundamentals established in the Basic Defensive Handgun Level I course. This course will focus on intermediate handgun handling skills and techniques, designed to dramatically increase the student's abilities and build confidence with the defensive handgun.
Armed Home Defense – A significant portion of this course will address how to create a "Home Defense Space" and how to safely and effectively defend yourself and your family while armed. Students will be exposed to a variety of circumstances and taught how to resolve each situation quickly and accurately. This course can also be repeated to increase proficiency.
This Level II course builds upon the basic handgun skills, but will focus primarily on intermediate concealed carry and home defense/self-defense shooting skills from the concealed carry position and/or inside residences. Topics discussed and practice include:
- Review of shooting fundamentals
- Combat mind set - The Inverted"U"
- Dress for Success - CCW holsters and clothing
- The Drawing Stroke
- Combat and tactical loading and reloading drills
- Malfunctions and stoppages
- Tactical shooting positions
- Multiple shots/targets
- Challenge: Moving, scanning for threats
In this course, students will be exposed to stress and close quarter shoot/don't shoot scenarios. This is truly an exciting and very realistic course of fire.
It is a great skills maintenance and refresher class for intermediate shooters. This course can be repeated to increase proficiency. Weather permitting, the class will begin and end at the range.
Participants MUST be 18 years or older. This course DOES NOT qualify the participant for a renewal of their CA or AZ CCW permit.
Course Instructors – All are current or retired, fully-certified, law enforcement, NRA instructors and court experts in firearms, self-defense and deadly force.
Participants MUST be 21 years or older to apply for a CCW permit.
If you are not a member at Wren's Ranch, please make sure you also purchase the $20 range fee.
The course fee includes certification of qualification with up to 2 handguns. Any additional handguns will be $35 each to certify the qualification.
If you wish to qualify with more than 2 handguns, make sure you also purchase the appropriate number of additional qualifying tokens.
What to Bring to Class
The following is the list of items you should bring with you to the Defensive Handgun Level II course:
- Semi-automatic pistol: 380 Cal, 9mm, 40 Cal., 45 Cal; or double-action revolver in 38 spcl, 357 mag, 41 mag
- Semi-autos – 3 magazines; magazine holder that fit at least one magazine.
- Revolvers – 2 speed loaders
- 200 rounds of ammo; 36 rounds of ammo to qualify each handgun.
- Good quality outside the waistband holster for each firearm. See HERE for Info on Approved Holsters.
- Good quality leather or nylon belt
- Magazine holders (optional)
- Baseball style cap with brim
- Eye (protective or sunglass, wrap around style) and hearing protection
- Pants with strong belt loops; shirt (no tank tops)
- Athletic shoes/boots (no open toed shoes)
- Plenty of water and sunscreen
- Lightweight jacket or vest for concealed weapons practice
- Notebook and pen
- Folding chair
NOTE: If you have not chosen a holster for your handgun, please refer to the FAQ and links for holster recommendations.
As of 12-12-16, all semi-automatic handguns MUST have the mechanical ability to allow for the receiver slide to be locked to the rear in a ‘safe’ condition. No gun that does not have a receiver slide mechanism that locks the slide to the rear in a safe condition will be allowed in class.