CCW Private Concierge Training - Class Info
Price: $500/per student
Participants MUST be 21 years or older to apply for a CCW permit.
By request, we have now added concierge private CCW training. Training will be coordinated by the instructor for a time and date that works for your schedule. This class is limited to one-on-one training or couples, but no more than two people at a time. The course cost is $500 per student plus a $20 range fee per student if you are not a member of Wren’s Ranch. There are no discounts for private CCW training.
This course is online classroom training plus six (6) hours of training on the range. The course will focus on the following topics: firearms safety; shooter responsibility and self-defense laws; handgun familiarity; handgun manipulation; basic marksmanship; threat assessment and firing a holstered handgun from the 3 yds, 5 yds and 10 yds ranges.
After Registering & Before your class date, please make sure you:
1. Study for and take your online quiz before your class date.
· Quiz & Info Here.(opens in new window)
2. Complete the online classroom training portion of the class.
· Online Classroom Training Here.(opens in new window)
Private Concierge Training - Class Info
Price: $50/per student/per hour
Participants must be 18 years or older
Concierge training is a two or four-hour private training session with an instructor. This class is limited to one person or small groups of no more than 5 students. After enrolling for either the two- or four-hour session, you will be contacted by the instructor to schedule a date and time for your private session.
About the Classes
The Concierge Service will offer one on one pistol instruction for clients looking for 1st class instruction in the proper use of revolvers, semi-automatic pistols or both. The one on one training will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Basic understanding of the different types of semi-automatic pistols, revolvers and the proper shooting accessories
- The concierge may assist the shooter in selecting an appropriate pistol and equipment by accompanying the shooter through the pistol purchasing process
- Safe handling of firearms to include proper loading, unloading, and verification that a weapon has been rendered safe
- Disassembly, assembly, maintenance, and cleaning of firearms
- Proper pistol handling and marksmanship skills
- Stance, master grip, holster drawing techniques, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control, coupled with steady breathing technique.
- Magazine manipulation (loading and unloading techniques)
- Proper loading and unloading techniques with revolvers (speed loader usage)
- Basic shooting and moving techniques
- Multiple target engagement
- Preparation for Street Safe Defense Level I course
- Familiarization with related California statutes and CCW policies
About the Instructor
Ralph Roldan is a retired federal criminal investigator with 30 years experience. He is a former U.S. Marine who served four years in the Marine Corps Infantry as a machine-gunner. He was also a member of the International Practical Shooting Confederation ("IPSC") for a number of years competing in the combat class pistol, rifle, and shotgun classes.
The instructor has the following qualifications and certifications:
U.S Marine Corps - Boot Camp
U.S. Marine Corps Infantry Training School
Rio Hondo Police Academy - P.O.S.T. certified Basic Police Officer Course
U.S. Border Patrol Academy - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
NRA Police Firearms Instructor
California P.O.S.T. Certified Rangemaster
Gunsite Certified Law Enforcement Pistol Instructor