Price: $100 + $20 Range Fee (Range Fee Applies to Non-Members of Wren's Ranch Range Only)
Street Safe Defense has now put their popular CCW class PowerPoint and lecture information on-line.
Students will now be required to watch the CCW PowerPoint and instructor lecture video BEFORE coming to class.
We also highly recommend that you read the Street Safe Defense Handgun Safety Manual and take the written test BEFORE coming to the range for physical instruction and handgun(s) qualification.
Upon arriving at the Wrens Range in Perris, all students will receive an additional one hour CCW handgun safety and legal liability lecture from our firearms instructor(s) prior to commencing actual physical handgun training.
This course is held in conjunction with the CCW Level 1 course and is made up of 1 hour of range time for quaification and 3 hour of classroom. The fee covers qualification with up to 2 handguns.
Our CCW course qualification test requires that all shooters draw from the holstered position and shoot on the move. If you received your initial CCW training from any other training provider, including the Riverside Co. Sheriff’s Department, you must be prepared to shoot from the holstered position and on the move.
If you do not have this previous experience, please sign up for Level I/CCW 8-hour Defensive Handgun Level I/CCW course to requalify. No exceptions. Course cost $200 plus a $20 range fee. Sign up HERE
Those who have already taken the SSD Defensive Handgun Level I/CCW course only have to take the CCW morning legal update session and qualify at the range. The cost for this requalification training is $100 plus a $20 range fee.
NOTE: To be eligible for qualification, you will be required to show a valid, current CCW card.
Participants MUST be 18 years or older.
Course Instructors – All are current or retired, fully-certified, law enforcement, NRA instructors and court experts in firearms, self-defense and deadly force.
Participants MUST be 21 years or older to apply for a CCW permit.
If you are not a member at Wren's Ranch, please make sure you also purchase the $20 range fee.
The course fee includes certification of qualification with up to 2 handguns. Any additional handguns will be $35 each to certify the qualification.
If you wish to qualify with more than 2 handguns, make sure you also purchase the appropriate number of additional qualifying tokens.
After Registering & Before your class date, please make sure you:
1. Study for and take your online quiz before your class date.
· Quiz & Info Here.(opens in new window)
2. Complete the online classroom training portion of the class.
· Online Classroom Training Here.(opens in new window)
What to Bring to Class
The following is the list of items you should bring with you to the CCW Renewal course:
- Semi-automatic pistol: 380 Cal, 9mm, 40 Cal., 45 Cal; or double-action revolver in 38 spcl, 357 mag, 41 mag
- 50 rounds of factory ammunition (no home reloads) for each firearm
- At least 3 magazines for each semi-auto pistol - one speed loader for revolvers
- Good quality outside the waistband holster for each firearm
- Good quality leather or nylon belt
- Magazine holders (optional)
- Baseball style cap with brim
- Eye (protective or sunglass, wrap around style) and hearing protection
- Pants with strong belt loops; shirt (no tank tops)
- Athletic shoes/boots (no open toed shoes)
- Plenty of water and sunscreen
- Notebook and pen
- Folding chair
- Current CCW card
NOTE: If you have not chosen a holster for your handgun, please refer to the FAQ and links for holster recommendations.
As of 12-12-16, all semi-automatic handguns MUST have the mechanical ability to allow for the receiver slide to be locked to the rear in a ‘safe’ condition. No gun that does not have a receiver slide mechanism that locks the slide to the rear in a safe condition will be allowed in class.