This option is designed for people who want to add a new firearm to their existing CCW permit or who want to add a new firearm to their initial CCW permit application. Those attending this course MUST have a valid, current CCW permit or MUST have taken the CCW course within the last six months. If these do not apply, please sign up for our CCW course HERE.
The cost to add a new firearm is $35 per firearm plus a $25 range fee for non-members of Wren's Ranch.
The add-on course will be held in conjunction with the CCW Renewal course.
NOTE: You will be required to verify your CCW status or last CCW training date before being allowed to qualify with your new firearm.
Participants MUST be 18 years or older.
Course Instructors – All are current or retired, fully-certified, law enforcement, NRA instructors and court experts in firearms, self-defense and deadly force.
Participants MUST be 21 years or older to apply for a CCW permit.
If you wish to add-on a new handgun and have previously paid the fees for the CCW or CCW Renewal Class but did not qualify with that handgun during the CCW class that you attended please purchase the additional number of guns you would like to qualify with below and choose a date to attend.
If you are not a member at Wren's Ranch, please make sure you also purchase the $25 range fee.
Time: 8:00am - 11:00am
Range location: Wren's Ranch in Perris
Get Directions Here
What to Bring to Class
The following is the list of items you should bring with you to the CCW Renewal course:
- Semi-automatic pistol: 380 Cal, 9mm, 40 Cal., 45 Cal; or double-action revolver in 38 spcl, 357 mag, 41 mag
- 50 rounds of factory ammunition (no home reloads) for each firearm
- At least 3 magazines for each semi-auto pistol - one speed loader for revolvers
- Good quality outside the waistband holster for each firearm
- Good quality leather or nylon belt
- Magazine holders (optional)
- Baseball style cap with brim
- Eye (protective or sunglass, wrap around style) and hearing protection
- Pants with strong belt loops; shirt (no tank tops)
- Athletic shoes/boots (no open toed shoes)
- Plenty of water and sunscreen
- Notebook and pen
- Folding chair
- Current CCW card
NOTE: If you have not chosen a holster for your handgun, please refer to the FAQ and links for holster recommendations.
As of 12-12-16, all semi-automatic handguns MUST have the mechanical ability to allow for the receiver slide to be locked to the rear in a ‘safe’ condition. No gun that does not have a receiver slide mechanism that locks the slide to the rear in a safe condition will be allowed in class.